[mod_python] Several questions

Damjan arhiv at freemail.org.mk
Thu Sep 7 22:05:06 EST 2000

> > What should I do if I want a persistent python object? Can I make a
> > persistent object to be shared between different apache processes (or
> > not until Apache 2.0).
>
> No. On windows you could since 1.3 runs mulithreaded, but on unix, I think
> only 2.0 running in multthreaded mode would allow something like this.

As I understand, Apache 2.0 will have support for shared memory, thus
allowing multiple child processes to share information (and the modules
could use this).

> > Or am I supposed to do this by using a database? Which database would
> > have low latency, low memory footprint, low CPU usage, etc.. suitable
> > for object store? MySQL?
>
> I don't know how easy it is to store actual Python objects in a database -
> I suppose you could is cPickle or something, but if you just want to store
> information (i.e. text or numbers as opposed to objects) - MySQL is very
> very fast.

Yes, my idea was to cPickle the objects, but I have a feeling that an
SQL database might be just to bloat.

--
damjan

               I believe the technical term is "Oops!"