[mod_python] Issue with mod_python Fatal Python error

Miguel Marques miguel at yorku.ca
Wed Oct 4 14:19:15 EST 2000

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 10:13:59 -0700, "Jeff Schenk" <jeff.schenk at continuumnetworks.com> wrote:
> I have built mod_python and configured and made apache, the apache server
> comes up fine, however I see several
> Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
>
> Messages in my error_log file.  Also, when I stop apache it cores.
>
> I am running apache 1.3.12, mod_ssl 2.6.5.1.3.12, mod_perl 1.24 and
> mod_python 2.5
> I performed a static build.
>
> Please advise, if anyone has suggestions or has run into this problem.

I have no suggestion but I'm also experiencing this problem.
Occasionally I see all of apache's children core dump after those
messages.

I've seen the same problem (error message) mentioned in relation to an
earlier version of wxPython.

I'm running SunOS 5.7 with Apache/1.3.12, mod_python/2.5 and
Python/1.5.2 (happens with python 1.6 too).  mod_python is compiled as
a DSO.
A friend of mine mentioned that he has seen the same messages under
Debian as well but I'm not sure of his versions.

							Miguel

C. Miguel Marques, York University, Computing & Network Services
e-mail: miguel at yorku.ca, voice: (416)736-2100x22684, fax: (416)736-5830