[mod_python] (no subject)

Mark Nenadov marknen at usa.net
Thu Nov 2 09:47:50 EST 2000

Hello all! I have a problem. I have attempted to install 'mod_python' on my
Windows 98 (4.10.1998) machine using the instructions that are given at
"http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.6/doc/windows.html".

When I start up my Apache server it gives me the following output:

   'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
   Warning!  Falling back to string-based exceptions
   Apache/1.3.11 (Win32) mod_python/2.6 Python/1.5.2 running...
   'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
   Warning!  Falling back to string-based exceptions

I am running Apache version 1.3.11 for Win32. I am using the Python code given
in the example for installing mod_python for Windows. I have ActivePython 2.0
(build 202) based on Python 2.0. That is the first "potential problem" that
comes to mind. When the documentation gives the requirement of "Python 1.5.2",
does it require that version specifically, or does it just mean 1.5.2 or
greater?

I can easily switch back to 1.5.2 if thats what its going to take to make this
work. However, elsewhere on modpython.org it says : "At this time, mod_python
works with Python 1.5.2, 1.6 and 2.0".