[mod_python] test doesn't work (solved?)

Gregory Trubetskoy grisha at modpython.org
Fri Jun 23 18:31:54 EST 2000

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Miguel Marques wrote:

> But note that when using a Location directive it still does not work.
> e.g.
> <Location "/test">
>     AddHandler python-program .py
>     PythonHandler test
>     PythonDebug on
> </Location>
>
> Is this intentional?

I don't know if "intentional" is the right word, but it _is_ expected
behaviour.

mod_python prepends the directory to pythonpath, as outlined here:
http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.4/doc/pythonapi.html#handler

The <Location> directive puts whatever is specified as the argument to it
as the "directory", and mod_python ends up prependind it. But since
"/test" is not a real directory, it doesn't do you any good. I don't think
there is a simple way to find out what the real directory is from
<Location>. If you read the Apache documentation for it, it puts the
emphasis on the fact that <Location> is not in any way linked to the
filesystem.

Grisha