[mod_python] Problems with mod_python

Raynald de Lahondes lahondes at pasteur.fr
Mon Aug 21 10:22:11 EST 2000

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 12:22:02PM -0400, William Smith wrote:
> I am using RedHat 6.2 x86, Apache 1.3.12 and mod_python 2.4.1.
> I compiled and installed mod_python with apxs.
> Apache runs as user nobody and group nobody
>
> I read the modpython archives and have the following server errors
> which I saw mentioned in the archive message Aug 2, 2000 by
> Boh Heong Yap (bohheong at asiacontent.com):
>
>    make_obcallback(): could not import mod_python.apache.
>     make_obcallback(): could not call init.

Are you sure you installed the libs properly ? (I think I had those errors
when libs where not OK). When the python libs were installed (Ist part of
Install) recompiling whith apxs and re-installing the mod_python.so solved
the pb.

> Using the comand line I get:
>
> File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
> 18, in ?
>     import _apache
> ImportError: No module named _apache
>
> when I try "from mod_python import apache".

I am not familiar neither with external extension of python nor apache but I
understand that "import _apache" only works within apache module, because
it's a call to mod_python.so code. Anyway my mod-python works and "import
_apache" still does not work...

I hope you find this usefull.

Raynald de Lahondès
lahondes at pasteur.fr